It’s taco night at the Starosta Household. Taco night is, on its whole, a chemically inoffensive dinner. Veggies, organic salsa, most generic tortilla chips only contain corn, salt and oil, whole grain taco shells. Taco mix, on the other hand, contains an awful lot of preservatives for just being a bunch of spices, so I decided to make some. And there’s no sense in carting out all of those spices every time i want taco mix, I made a whole jar!
- 8 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (less if you have a spice tolerance like mine)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 12 teaspoons ground cumin
- 8 teaspoons sea salt
- 8 teaspoons black pepper
- 8 teaspoons cornstarch
Shake it all up and put it in a container.
2.5 or 3 tbsp is approximately equal to one packet
for tacos mix with ground meat and onions